Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A gnostic moment: the colour of magick?

Last night I dreamt wonderful dreams, in which I channelled Thomas Merton, the last of the great Catholic surrealists since James Joyce!
This morning I woke up and looked again at my card of the day, Ace of Cups, Ayida Wedo, in my beloved Voodoo Tarot of New Orleans. Suddenly, even before meditating, I saw it with new eyes, and it felt as if "scales fell from my eyes". I had never before realised why she looks so butch, almost mannish, and thought the background behind her a rather nondescript colour, not at all watery, as one would expect for the "root of the powers of water". I suddenly realised, this = octarine, my own personal colour of magick, the colour of the iridescent sheen on soap bubbles, the colour of the possibly impossible, impossibly possible marriage of fire and water, the rainbow (Ayida Wedo) and the feathered sky serpent (Danballah), the heart of Voodoo gnosis. I also realised that my rare moment of real magick equated in fact to my marriage to Bjorn Erik, also our very own attempted Blakeian marriage of heaven and hell, on earth! Now I seemed fire, he water, now vice versa (but actually personality-wise I = water, King of Cups, and he fire, Prince of Wands, as I later discovered from the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory); in some ways I seemed too butch, too mannish for him, but not really...! We still have this "marriage", but one cannot realise this "impossible dream" for too long on the mundane, earth plain?

After meditation, my daily card boiled down to this one, plus Rada 6 (Papa Legba, storyteller: hence this urge to write it all out!). And it too now represents for me a possibly impossible, impossibly possible marriage of fire and water, the woman arising from the sea to have her hands kissed and ignited by the sun (interestingly, this card corresponds to Sun in Scorpio in the Tarot of Ceremonial Magick, i.e. also hinting at deep mysteries: the little mermaid of Hans Christian Andersen, only now, as I realise, more Scorpio and enjoying life, than tragically Pisces?) ;-)) Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Medusa161 said...

What a fascinating and magical encounter with yourself!

8:24 am  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Very interesting. Even if I am not blogging, I am still reading your stuff, Claire.

4:36 pm  
Anonymous Sepand said...

Claire?!!

I found myself paralyzed for some moments after refered to "Bjorn Erik's blog"!! Actually it took some minutes of stupidity before I could realize that how is your relation with Bjorn. Even I asked myself: "Was Claire woman or man"??!!!

Sepand.

10:15 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Huh, Sepand, thought that needed no comment....obviously female, still legally married to Bjorn Erik, here!

12:05 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next