Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Vive la fee verte...

...and many happy solars to me!
La fee verte... interesting experience with which to begin my second half-century; don't attempt to drink it in a clear glass; it really does look quite disgusting, especially when it turns "louche" or "cloudy", as it must, which makes you think you drink dirty dishwater ;-P And I figured all that stuff about drizzling ice water through sugar cubes into it unnecessary, when you can just add lemonade, as a sweetener and a mixer... Much better for one's health than lousy red cask wine (my usual winter habit, as opposed to the harmless summer habit, of beer, that just pisses out of every orifice!)? lol
If I could afford it on a regular basis, I might just become a walking testimonial to absinthe yet... Kind of the French answer to ouzo, which also needs Coke to disguise its cloudiness and general "loucheness"... But, to paraphrase St Paul, a little absinthe for your stomach's, or spirit's, sake...why the **** not? Somehow, I do not think I will feel as hungover tomorrow, as I did today on lousy cheap red cask wine... Also worth checking out on the above link, a little story by Aleister Crowley, one of the few things he wrote worth reading, imho, about "the green goddess"... Check it out, if you dare! ;-))

Oh, also, btw (benefits of the wisdom of having done a little online research beforehand!), do NOT fall for the cheaper, fake brand of 'absinth' without the e, from the Czech republic, unless you like drinking mouthwash!? lol

P.S. And now I know, thanks to the Glasshouse, that if I get pissed off and grumpy losing (to cheats?) in literati, I just do a Jana Pittman ;-))

And also, btw, if you really saw the Easter bunny laying a large chocolate egg, would you really want to eat it? lol

5 Comments:

Blogger Medusa161 said...

Happy Birthday sis (hugs)

Way to go!

11:08 pm  
Blogger Ness said...

Merry Birthday!

there was a LOOONG article on absinthe in a recent New Yorker, hasn't made it online... but here
is a site I found whilst looking:
http://www.oxygenee.com/


Hugs and thanks for the plug!

11:10 pm  
Blogger Ness said...

Oops that was already your link.

Doh! need to click on things before opening my mouth!!!

hugs!

11:12 pm  
Blogger Ansur said...

Happy birthday dear friend--and many more of them!

And remember:"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder"

Ansur

11:36 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Hehe, it sure does, Ansur, and all! ;-D

12:12 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next