Saturday, April 15, 2006

Popol Vuh

I have decided, in so far as I need a "Bible", I need look no further than this one; it contains all the "Old and New Testaments" one requires, and more Easter/resurrection than one can handle, after the overcoming of the dark lords of Xibalba (death, the underworld)... and yet it reads like a fast-paced sports commentary, just like watching the football (don't forget, the Mayans invented the world's first rubber ball game, which they played with yokes at their waists, and a skull inside!). If you want to discover the inner meaning of Easter, the death/resurrection mysteries, just check this one out, if you dare! (Don't worry, I won't come knocking at your door like a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon or any one "born-again" fundie to flog it to you!) lol ...It also contains aspects of the Clan of the Cave Bear, btw ;-))

4 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Very interesting, and a really cool picture too ! Now I'm even more disappointed than ever that I couldn't get you "The Mayan Oracle : Return Path to the Stars" for your birthday.

2:10 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

No worries, Sebi; lucky you didn't waste your money, as it turns out! If you want to come and see my own humble, Mayan oracle (not as 'pretty', but still good, imho), feel free... Maybe I can pick up a hard copy of the Popol Vuh itself at the T.S. bookshop instead? Who knows? ;-))

3:22 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Hey Claire, what happened to the chapters of your webnovel that you published on your blog. I was going to read them, but suddenly they are no longer there. Now you seem 'em, now you don't ?

3:07 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

I figured no one had any interest in them, but if you do still have some interest, see link to my webnovel in sidebar (chapters 10 and 11 in particular)... I deleted them because they did not get any comments! lol

3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next