Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Sixth Sense

I think you already know The Sixth Sense equates to one of my all-time, very best, favorite movies from my profile. Haley Joel Osment works his usual screen magic, as in Artificial Intelligence, and, as a review in the psych. students' journal of the university of Bergen put it, "Bruce Willis acts for once as if he has both a brain and a heart!" But click on the link if you wish to get an idea of how the religious and spiritual symbolism in it has also struck other people; sorry if some of these seem also Christian fundamentalists, but such a deeply spiritual movie as this has to strike a profound chord with all sorts of 'believers'! I found through my google search of images to accompany this movie, many amusing spoofs and send-ups of what has probably become the most parodied movie line ever: "I see dead people." But I refuse to trivialise the movie by depicting any of them here. This movie tips any thinking, feeling person over the edge from agnosticism about any sort of afterlife to some sort of belief... Belief also in honesty and integrity, love and communication in relationships, between counsellor and client, mother and son, husband and wife (without 'spoiling' the stunning ending in any way, shape or form)! Thank you, M. Night Shyamalan!

And speaking of "seeing dead people", I don't really "get" last night's dreams, except that, at first, I thought last night's attempted astral working had succeeded, and I found myself chatting lovingly and sensibly with Bjorn Erik, and then it 'spun out' somehow, and I no longer knew exactly what had happened, but there seemed a generally nightmarish and disturbing quality to the whole thing, in particular one weird 'vision' I cannot even begin to describe, but all I can figure seems that as per yesterday's cards of the Devil + 7 of Wands + Chariot (Dance) in the Voodoo Tarot,
Bjorn Erik has "crossed over" and entered the spirit world even while still apparently physically alive (it happens, you know!) , and I got some sort of confused glimpse of the state of mind in which he finds himself (not good), but then I wake up, and see today's card of the 7 of Cups, and think, "That might possibly all amount to complete bull..." But the gist of it rings true, somehow ;-P

4 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

I watched the movie too. Did you write this blog post during the ads ? It's pretty different watching it a second time, isn't it ? For obvious reasons, without giving the ending away to anyone reading this.

8:44 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

No, I read (Valley of the Horses) during the commercials, Sebi; did the blogging afterwards... What, still no feedback on the dream, though? ;-P

2:45 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

I wasn't sure what to say about the dream. It sounds like it is reflective of your relationship with Bjorn-Eric though, if it started out beautifully and then turned into a bit of a nightmare, unfortunately. I'll leave the interpretation of the Tarot up to you, though. I understand, however, if you have the feeling that Bjorn-Eric is in a different world from you.

PS. I hope you're enjoying "Valley of the Horses". I've just finished "The Clan of the Cave Bear" and have now started "The Mammoth Hunters", which is the third book.

6:34 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

I think he finds himself now in a different world to all of us... Thanks for acknowledging! ;-))

7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next