Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A wyrd Tarot dream for Su

This one seems so wyrd, I just have to get out of bed and write it down!

I dreamt Su and I found ourselves playing some kind of wyrd game, kind of like literati, but when you put the letters down, they turned into Voodoo Tarot picture-cards. The object of the game seemed to find your particular "power-card". I thought I had hit the jackpot with this card, the 2 of Swords, when I woke up:

http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/photo/165/75.jpg

...feeling shocked and disoriented at first to find myself in bed, rather than online! lol

Recent concerns: wyrd_crossings digest not coming through, although there seem plenty of messages to make up a digest. I wondered if I could do something, as co-"group owner", to expedite this, but Su didn't answer any of my offline messages about this on Messenger, so I went to bed feeling a little pissed off. I don't like replying to posts onlist; it just lacks the "flow" of the digest somehow! So the '2 of Swords' I interpret as meaning 'crossed swords', i.e. petty disagreements and misunderstandings, which also goes nicely with my card of the day, Queen of Swords (Rada Mambo). However, if you look at the Voodoo Tarot reframing of this traditional interpretation, you will see it all looks very friendly, with two herbalists stopping to chat in the forests, and swap information and lore about different plants; one of them holds a mandrake. Su might = a sidereal Virgo, but she seems pretty Libran to me, so 'swords' also seems her 'strong suit' at the moment, as much as mine! This also seems to relate to Su's setting up the 'sister group', on healing ;-))

That will learn me to do shamanic workings just before going to sleep! lol

4 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Please console yourself that even though your sleep was 'disturbed', you managed to capture and share a rather wonderful dream, which successfully unites your two passions - Literati and the Voodoo Tarot - in a rather magical way. It would be great to be able to visualise magical realities when we're 'creating our day' each morning, but I guess part of the miracle of something magic happening is that we could not have imagined it happening until it actually did.

And did you ever consider that those two dudes on the tarot card in the forest may actually be arguing over that thing that they are holding ?

And perhaps Literati and Tarot are the two aces up your sleeve - your two 'power cards'. Swords are often associated with initiation, aren't they ? It seems that there is definitely some sort of initiation happening for you, Claire, what with all the dream-time epiphanies, and 'star-jewels' in the chakras. Congratulations ! Continue to go where no-one has gone before, and keep blogging.

10:46 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Yep, they might argue (so the traditional Tarot interpretation would suggest, as in 'crossed swords'), and I always have to watch that no misunderstandings have happened, or that I have hurt someone's feelings, when this one arises, but generally in this context it seems easy to "overlook the minor infractions of others", because you realise that you have more in common than differences (Tweedledum and Tweedledee in my own Tarot: the key seems in that poem itself - "Tweedledum and Tweedledee AGREED to have a battle", i.e. you can have it out, by mutual consent, and no one really gets hurt, because it seems more of a mock-battle, more like a formal debate, which has its own definite rules! With this card, the 'battle' can also take place within your own head, as in the Rider Waite, but again, the feeling seems of a predominantly peaceful and reflective weighing of pros and cons - moon in Libra!) ;-))

Swords definitely amount to some sort of initiation for me, in that 'thinking' has always equated to my 'inferior' function, in the Jungian sense, and yet I have begun to develop it, in the drive towards the Jungian goal of individuation (i.e. becoming who you are, and not a clone of someone else! lol), on a par with intuition, emotion and physical sensation; however, I believe the suit of a person's initiation will depend on which amounts to their inferior function; a look at one's natal horoscope can help - in my case, I have no planets in air (except dopey Neptune in Libra, the 'old hippie' generation!) lol

So forgive me if I have to stop everything once in a while, and say, "Let's get logical about this..." - my logic usually seems well thought out, because I have to 'work' at it (unlike intuition, emotion and physical sensation, which come more 'naturally', for me) ;-))

5:36 am  
Blogger mythosandbios said...

Two of swords can also be interpreted as being in a state of stasis, or stuckness between two equally attractive (or unattractive - between a rock and a hard place - as they say) decisions, thoughts, logico-rational pathways. I have found (and this is purely personal) that I just have to sit with it until one path emerges, the balance-divison becomes the 'third force' and growth-change occurs.

6:26 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Hehe, very Hegelian-dialectic of you, mythos! ;-))

5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next