Saturday, January 14, 2006

Look what's just lumbered into my medicine wheel this lunar month...

I have pinched this picture from Sebi's blog (Being Sebastian Aristos), but with a totally different agenda in mind, because it allows me to reflectively evaluate my Relationship prospects for this month... ;-))

Yep, Bear has arrived, in the north (fiery) quarter, along with Opossum (NW) and Weasel (NE); interestingly, these all correspond to power animals of B-E, so I feel I can expect a very strong, if passive and not at all obvious connection with him: perhaps on the astral? Must use these animals consciously somehow, to achieve this... Interestingly his Weasel also finds itself in my Relationships area: sneaky and up to no good, a difficult medicine to have, I feel it corresponds to Scorpio, as one who would pick the pockets of Great Spirit itself, just to show you can do it! Bear invites (summons? commands?) me into the dream lodge, and Opossum just likes to sleep, i.e. "play dead" - also a preferred strategy of B-E, which he inherits from his father? I have also surrounded the Bear shield with an "unbearably cute" bear cub, and a little cutout of a small, stuffed teddy advertised for 10 kroner ($2) in Norway... Anyone want to buy a cheap, used bear? lol

My RealPlayer synchronously begins to play "On the Wings of Love" (Plato) from Sophie's World as I type this; Plato always did equate to B-E's favorite philosopher, where I prefer Socrates, and Nietzsche ( unfortunately the book Sophie's World gave Nietzsche a wide berth - but it does however obliquely hint at him through the connection Aristotle - Darwin...?)

Btw, Bjorn also = "Bear" in Norwegian? ;-))


5 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Very interesting, Claire. I'm flattered to see both my bear and Jason on your blog. I found it interesting that the bear seems to have a message of 'cyber-love' for you, or love at least, don't you think ?

3:38 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Jason only got in there incidentally; I did not know how to delete him! lol

3:54 pm  
Blogger mythosandbios said...

I tend to think of bear in relation to hibernation, but that would be 'earth', whereas fire would be the awakening - birth of a new era of 'bearness'.

With regard to weasel, you wrote "I feel it corresponds to Scorpio, as one who would pick the pockets of Great Spirit itself, just to show you can do it!"

Funny but I relate weasel to stealing chickens (probably watched too many Foghorn Leghorn cartoons LOL), but the Year of the Rooster is passing into the year of the dog.

Besides, your quote reminds me of Hermes stealing Zeus's bulls, and being forgiven of course ... so I would relate weasel (if we leave out the chickens and the Fagin-taught behaviour) to Mercury.

Mind you, your more recent pathworking puts a different construction on it all.

6:34 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

>I tend to think of bear in relation to hibernation, but that would be 'earth', whereas fire would be the awakening - birth of a new era of 'bearness'.

Bear also relates to hibernation, of course, but interesting in the north (fiery) quarter of the wheel, mythos: introspection (Bear keyword) 'bears'
(pun intended!) fruit in some spark rising from the introspective soul? Hence my need to work bears, opossums and weasels also into my pathworking (cos all spread out in the north) ;-))

>Funny but I relate weasel to stealing chickens (probably watched too many Foghorn Leghorn cartoons LOL), but the Year of the Rooster is passing into the year of the dog.

You could also relate them to those wascally fewwets in Who Framed Roger Rabbits...all equally 'wascally', which seems the main point... Ferrets at play, as in when Josh had them, seem truly a delight to behold; I wish I could have taken one, when he could no longer keep them, but no ferrets here ;-P They really do delight in stealing things from people's bags, loose computer cables lying around, i.e. anything not nailed down, and they move like greased lightning! You have to move bloody quickly to catch a ferret, which seems why they can also catch rabbits! Move over, rabbit of the apocalypse: the ferrets of the apocalypse? lmao (Besides, as pets,you can also walk them like a dog, on a leash; I saw a guy doing it in Norway once, and fell in love...with the ferret, that is) ;-))

>Besides, your quote reminds me of Hermes stealing Zeus's bulls, and being forgiven of course ... so I would relate weasel (if we leave out the chickens and the Fagin-taught behaviour) to Mercury.

The lightning-quickness and the general deviousness certainly fits, only applied to dodgy ends; Mercury in Scorpio? lol

>Mind you, your more recent pathworking puts a different construction on it all.

How so? ;-))

5:13 pm  
Blogger mythosandbios said...

I should have written my thoughts yesterday ... today I can't answer your question 'How so?' .... I have forgotten ... or my brain has been fried in the heat ... either way, the same outcome exists .... I have no idea what I meant!

6:55 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next