Monday, December 26, 2005

dreaming the Tarot (again!)

Last night, I felt the Masa (angels) instructing me all night on this card, possibly for Sebi's benefit, as they also included a little instruction on the 9 of Swords, by way of comparison and contrast. I possibly dreamt of this one, having just read in Minette Walters' The Scold's Bridle, how the artist Jack painted Joanne as a hall of triangular, prismatic mirrors, with no real core or authentic self, all as 'image' or illusion (hence a connection also to another 7, the 7 of Cups! The Voodoo in its wisdom depicts this as a connection to La Sirene, the mermaid, hence the little ship). Although quite an unlikeable and 'self-centred' character, one has to feel quite an amount of pity for Joanna anyway, since she does not know her true or authentic self. And the Voodoo love-goddess, pictured here, also seems such a 'self-centred' character, since she does not truly love anyone but herself, but I also had to feel quite sorry for her, as the Masa gave me a glimpse inside her world, of the large mirror before her, surrounded by a host of smaller mirrors, since she always has to look over her shoulder, not sure whom she can really trust... Hence, the ocean of tears. She represents a lack of trust, verging on complete paranoia (if not paranoia itself), but the strength of this card implies knowing whom you can and cannot really trust.
Her traditional song in the Voodoo tradition:
"Haughty Ezili, proud Ezili,
preening Ezili thinks she's something.
Ezili married, she's unlucky,
Ezili prostituted, she's unlucky.'
Similarly, the 9 of Swords, traditionally seen as symbolizing a "major loss", and the grief of this, as in the Whimsical's depiction of Rapunzel fearing and feeling the pain of her loss of hair, i.e. the original 'bad hair' day (although she must lose her hair to find herself free of the Tower!). This card as a strength means knowing you can survive, even with the loss, and the pain of the loss!

8 Comments:

Blogger Aidan Aristos said...

Some Dream Claire-lol But good pice of writing

1:33 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Thank you! ;-))

11:44 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Please let me second that sentiment, Claire ! What an amazing dream ! Thank you for your explanations, which I can have a look at and go back to the original reading to see things in context.

You are very lucky to have such dreams. I haven't had one like that for a while. I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the Voodoo Tarot so much, and getting so much out of it. I hope the "Tarot of the Orishas" book that I lent you helps too. And since it seems only fair to talk about books after your post, I have "The Silver Wolf" ready for you to pick up if you still want to read it. I can bring it to fish and chips of Friday if you'd like.

Love,
Sebi

9:58 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

OK, but I find myself currently addicted to Trivia Machine, and will have a hard time finishing The Scold's Bridle by then? lol

11:03 am  
Blogger mythosandbios said...

I had forgotten 'Joanna' ... it is some years since I read the Scold's Bridle ... but yes, how very 9 of swords AND 7 of cups. Your tarot dreaming is persuasive and insightful.

I'll make contact when I actually get off the couch for more than five minutes, and my brain begins to pretend to work again.

Bloody FMS!

mythos

6:37 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Good to see you back online at all, mythos! ;-))

8:43 am  
Blogger mythosandbios said...

Only just ... gotta take Ma shopping so I expect to fade again ... but we shall see. I hope not!

8:08 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

I hope not too... 6 of Cups: stay cool, and enjoy simple pleasures? ;-))

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next