Friday, November 11, 2005

Today's Tarot: - Ace of Swords: Kether of air


"Know that a great light, Excalibur, has come into the world, the power of prayer, a brilliant idea, or the Tarot itself, to light your way; know that you yourself amount to the Light which has come into this world, "and the darkness comprehended/grasped it not." " I don't know, but my old interpretation just does not seem to fit, with this new image from the Voodoo Deck of New Orleans: perhaps it has something to do with the serpent (Danballah) who really did equate to the first light- or gnosis-bringer, and did not muck around around when he said: "Eat of the fruit of this tree, for on the day you eat, you shall not die, but your eyes shall open, and you will become like gods, knowing good and evil." Perhaps see "my poetry pages" in blogroll in sidebar, for a couple of great poems (if I say so myself, with absolutely no false modesty whatsoever!): Midrash Hevae (or the reflective paraphrase of Eve, on Genesis) and Who Are You, Snake Woman? For, while Danballah the serpent amounts to a god in the Voodoo pantheon, his consort Ayida Wedo seems implied in the name of this card, i.e. the 2 have truly become 1, as indistinguishable as the rainbow (Wedo) and serpent (Danballah) in the rainbow serpent... I think the Voodoo Tarot here hints at mysteries of kundalini and the chakras... You could also see him as the qabbalistic 'lightning-flash' descending through the spheres on the Tree of Life... Perhaps I should expect (third) eye-opening revelations? ;-))

1 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Claire,

Interesting to see that you have the Ace of Swords. Aidan's card over the last couple of days has been the Queen of Swords. I think it's time for me to start doing some regular study on the cards. I have been familiarising myself with Titiana's Fortune Cards, but there is still so much to learn about the Crowley deck, which I really love.

Let me know if you have had any eye-opening revelations since Friday, OK ?

Love,
Sebi
XXX

9:01 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home