Speaking of Death, this White Spectral Death day...
We can now add to the list of victims the retired 77 yr. old TCU professor from Ft Worth whose body was found last week in Oklahoma --and the 11 yr. old in Sarasota , FL. Because of these recent abductions in daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation...
1 . Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans . If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you.... AND RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If he throws you into the boot of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit, doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS! This amounts to the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
a.) look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
b.) If you have parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women attempt to get into their cars.
c.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male sits alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY (and better paranoid than dead?)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells seem horrible places to find yourself alone, and the perfect crime spot. This seems especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and does not have you under his control, RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times, and even then, it most likely WILL NOT hit a vital organ. RUN, preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we always try to show sympathy: STOP! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, seemed good-looking, well educated, and ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because of the late hour, and she thought it weird. The police told her, "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."
She worried that the baby would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they find themselves home alone at night.
You should probably take this e-mail seriously because they mentioned the Crying Baby theory on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.