Monday, October 03, 2005

Oktoberfest?

Happy Octoberfest and, whoa, what a month ahead filled with all sorts of funfilled and action packed groovy and spooky themes and pleasing people things happening in just about everyone's life. Feeling a bit overwhelmed? Beginning October 1st, Mars, our action planet turns retrograde for approx. two and half months. Meditation and taking things slower and being a tad bit more calculative in decision making is the name of the cosmic game and it's a wise idea to also heed the same here on planet Earth! (cf. 4 of Pentacles in reading yesterday: it may have picked up on this energy!). Extra caution is required, especially when traveling, operating machinery, playing with fire and/or running with sharp objects. We can certainly not recommend risky or risque type behaviors, ever... but especially now, unless you plan to almost immediately pay the piper.

Now please don't panic, running back to hop into your beds and covering your heads isn't what this is all about. Yet, do remember that our universe is spinning, and when suddenly something in it STOPS sometimes we can fall all over or rear end, whatever we find in front of us. So, I advise you to pay attention to what you do, and all that you see right before your eyes. Remaining critically focused now will maximize our success and minimize our challenges.

To prepare for this sudden stop, if you will, in planetary action take a time out and be still in your excessive and domineering schedules that have you rushing to get from one place to the next, and little time to take in the beauty that is ever present around you. Smell a sweet rose or two. (i.e. Definitely an extended 4 of Pentacles time!) Allow extra time for all travels and preparations, remembering that being late does not necessarily amount to the worst thing in the world, and no reason to injure yourself or someone else. The solar and lunar eclipses will host a world of opportunity to fix things in our lives -- and in the lives of those whom we love---that have 'come undone' in some form or fashion. And during these special times, this month ahead will reawaken and welcome us cosmically to communicate and share with one another on nearly every level.

Also, did you know that:

NASA scientists who monitor the Sun say that our star's awesome magnetic field has flipped -- a sure sign that we have solar maximum.

NASA
Marshall Space Flight Center

Listen to this story (requires RealPlayer)

see caption
February 15, 2001 -- You can't tell by looking, but scientists say the Sun has just undergone an important change. Our star's magnetic field has flipped.

The Sun's magnetic north pole, which found itself in the northern hemisphere, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one.

"This always happens around the time of solar maximum," says David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "The magnetic poles exchange places at the peak of the sunspot cycle." In fact, it indicates well that we really have Solar Max.

The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.




7 Comments:

Blogger mythosandbios said...

So that's why I ticked the wrong boxes and deleted what I wanted, and was left wirh only trash in my email ... groan!

In spite of advice not to pull covers over head ... methinks I'll do just that.

Already decided to take a week off from tarot novella and Emperor painting and just do only what is absolutely necessary to ... stay alive.

Speaking of which ... mythos needs coffee and food.

I knew the retrograde was soon, didn't realise it had hit, but jeepers, this inability to move should have told me that!

8:35 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

>So that's why I ticked the wrong boxes and deleted what I wanted, and was left wirh only trash in my email ... groan!

I thought that would have amounted to more of a Mercury retrograde thing! lol Hopefully, you can still find that email in your trash, if not already cleared ;-))

>In spite of advice not to pull covers over head ... methinks I'll do just that.

That seems exactly how not to take this advice! lol

>I knew the retrograde was soon, didn't realise it had hit, but jeepers, this inability to move should have told me that!

Ah, and my lack of energy for readings on Saturday seems not just the usual new moon thing? lol

"Pace yourself" seems the word, as I instinctively did, with the readings and stuff yesterday (see comments on Lovecraft reading below) ;-))

8:43 am  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Claire,

I just had a quick look at this post, but it looks really interesting, and worthy of much greater attention when I have some time, and am not in a rush to get off to Mum's. You have really outdone yourself with this one ! Not only is there a beautiful picture, but also an audio post ! You go, girl ! Interesting looking comments on both astrology and astronomy too, I see. Well, I'd better make a move, and it's good to know that I have something great waiting for me when I get back home. ( Apart from Aidan, that is ).

Thanks for recommending 'Mythos' blog too. It looks really cool ! I didn't have much time this morning to read a lot of it, but will definitely return to do so when I have more time. In the meantime, I have blogged this morning too, if you want to check out what I've written. Nothing out of this world today, but just a bit of planning and intention-setting for the week. I hope your week is a good one, too.

All the best, and I'll see you soon, OK ?
Love,
Sevi

9:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claire - sorry I have posted any comments on your blog in recent days but as you can see from my own blog, I've been busy 'reflecting' on my own experiences. I really appreciate your comments - your right it was not I who fell from the back of the truck but Charlie (maybe I pushed him!!). Hopefully my future postings will be less 'heavy' in content.
Had a quick look at what you wrote. Can't help but feel that some of the words are for me - "This month ahead will reawaken and welcome us cosmically to communicate and share with one another on nearly every level." I can't wait for this month to role on - it sounds exciting. I think my reawakening has begun already thanks to you and Sebi. I hope I have offered you both something of myself and what 'gifts' I can offer you both.
I've asked Sebi if he will do some scanning of photos for me to add to my blog to 'brighten' it up somewhat. It's a bit heavy on words at the moment. What do you think and have you any other suggestions for me that would help the reader?
Look forward to catching up.
Christopher

3:17 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

>It's a bit heavy on words at the moment. What do you think and have you any other suggestions for me that would help the reader?

Um, download Hello from Blogger.com (it downloads really easily and quickly) and then you can just 'google' pictures, of anything you like, under 'images' at www.google.com, and then upload them with Hello, until you get your own pics scanned, of course!

Also, have you filled in your profile yet?

4:47 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Claire,

As both Chris and 'mythos' have said, this is a really interesting post. How on Earth did you find this information ? I guess that is one of the advantages of being in an e-mail group, huh ? I am thinking about joining a tarot e-mail group of some description. Perhaps there is one that either you or 'mythos' could recommend for me ?

Good advice for Chris too ! You have probably seen by now that he has taken your advice, and now has a very interesting blurb for his blog as part of his profile, and has listed a few of his interests, including 'spirituality'. I actually came across a very interesting blog by a yound guy from the States who had only written one blog post, by following the link. Chris is coming over to my place on Friday night for a blogging lesson, so I will teach him how to post pictures to his blog then.

Love,
Sebi

2:15 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

> As both Chris and 'mythos' have said, this is a really interesting post. How on Earth did you find this information ?

Cognitive science on tribe.net - not it does not come from on of my egroups, but I have already invited you to join the What the Bleep egroup, only that seems strangely quiet and 'dead' for the most part ;-P

>I guess that is one of the advantages of being in an e-mail group, huh ? I am thinking about joining a tarot e-mail group of some description. Perhaps there is one that either you or 'mythos' could recommend for me ?

Not an egroup, but I could highly recommend the Aeclectic Tarot forum... Very addictive, when you get into it...o O(speak of the Devil again!)lol

>Good advice for Chris too ! You have probably seen by now that he has taken your advice, and now has a very interesting blurb for his blog as part of his profile, and has listed a few of his interests, including 'spirituality'. I actually came across a very interesting blog by a yound guy from the States who had only written one blog post, by following the link. Chris is coming over to my place on Friday night for a blogging lesson, so I will teach him how to post pictures to his blog then.

;-))

7:07 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next