Sunday, October 02, 2005

Another reading for Sebi and Aidan

The Celtic Cross spread is one of the most popular Tarot spreads. Yikes.com, not the Lovecraft Tarot, one of my "Tarots from hell"! lol


It is the deck of choice for explorers of the macabre, and for posing questions that should never be asked.
Click for DetailsThe card not shown but at the center of the cross, represents the atmosphere surrounding the central issue. Five of Man (Erich Zann): 5 of Cups: Suffering a loss and wishing for what might have been. Being crippled by sadness, grief, and vain regret. Indecision brought on by the feeling that you made the wrong choice. Ignoring what you still have. May suggest a broken relationship or tragedy. May also suggest partnership, or marriage, but one that falls below expectations (see ending of last "Tarot story") ;-P
Click for DetailsThe card visible at the center of the cross represents the obstacle that stands in your way - it may even be something that sounds good but is not actually to your benefit. Azathoth: i.e. negative aspects of the Fool. Ideas, thoughts, and impulses coming from a completely unexpected place. Nonchalance at the threshold of gaining all or losing all. Extravagance and intoxication with life. The pure and undifferentiated power of creation itself, where ultimate knowledge and oblivion are unified. *Send in the clowns/there ought to be clowns/well, maybe they're here*. As the Universal Human (also today's galactic signature), have we not all felt the complete fool at times?
Click for DetailsThe card at the top of the cross represents your goal, or the best you can achieve without a dramatic change of priorities. Tsathoggua: the Devil. Being seduced by the material world and physical pleasures. Lust for and obsession with money and power. Living in fear, domination and bondage. Being caged by an overabundance of luxury. Discretion should be used in personal and business matters, i.e. obsession, compulsion, addiction in relationship? Unwillingness to let go of a fundamentally unhealthy situation. *That old black magic has me in its spell*. Also with your native Frog medicine, expect tears, many tears; these can also cleanse and refresh the soul, not to mention flush out excess cortisol, the 'stress hormone') ;-P
Click for DetailsThe card at the bottom of the cross represents the foundation on which the situation is based. Eight of Man (Wizard Noah Whateley): 8 of Cups: One or both of you losing interest in a matter deeply important to you, i.e. your marriage? Seeming forced to abandon something in which you had invested great love and devotion. Seeking earthly, physical pleasures, to the exclusion of spiritual growth and emotional fulfillment (possibly more Aidan here?). Emotional withdrawal and lethargy.
Click for DetailsThe card at the left of the cross represents a passing influence or something to be released. The Crawling Chaos: the World, i.e. plans for travel or a change in residence.
Click for DetailsThe card at the right of the cross represents an approaching influence or something to be embraced. Nine of Man (Wilbur Whateley): 9 of Cups - today's cyber-Tarot, your question answered about that! Contentment and satisfaction in romance, friendship, or other relationships, ie. at least check out mythos' Tarot, Painting and Stuff blog to achieve your deepest desires and savor beauty. A state of joy and abundance radiating fulfillment and bliss, as I felt still 'buzzing' from Tarot Cafe last night! ;-))
Click for DetailsThe card at the base of the staff represents your role or attitude. Knight of Tomes (The Ponape Scriptures): Knight of Wands, a bit adolescent and immature in this context. The essence of fire, such a great conflagration. One filled with vitality and passion for life. A sexy and exciting person, daring in their actions, cocky in their attitude, and utterly without fear (Aidan as a young sidereal Leo?). Absolute sincerity, coupled with violent emotions that swing wildly from one extreme to another (what did you say about that just this morning? ;-P). Boundless creativity and lust for a change of both pace and place. The rapid approach, or more likely departure, of something that sets your world ablaze. Often suggests travel or escape, i.e. his rapid departure seems well and truly "on the cards"! ;-P
Click for DetailsThe card second from the bottom of the staff represents your environment and the people you are interacting with. Queen of Sites (The Church on Federal Hill): Queen of Pentacles: shall I play mother, and bring around some chicken soup for your soul? The essence of earth behaving as water, such as a hot spring: A warm and generous host, providing shelter and comfort for all who would seek it. A person steadfast, practical, and domestic, able to create opulence and stability in any setting. The qualities of maturity and sensibility, coupled with an innate appreciation for nature and the material world. Pop around if you feel like it. Shall we do lunch? Fish and chips? (My shout if you find yourself hard up) ;-))
Click for DetailsThe card second from the top of the staff represents your hopes, fears, or an unexpected element that will come into play. Seven of Sites (St. Toad's): A pause to check on the progress of your labors. Making difficult financial decisions. Exercising patience and perseverance. Evaluating the status of your work and your options for the future. Possible recommitment(s): an 'on again/off again' relationship? ;-P
Click for DetailsThe card at the top of the staff represents the ultimate outcome should you continue on this course. Four of Tomes (The R'lyeh Texts): A chance to rest and rejoice, having successfully resolved a matter of great import. The initial success of a business venture or creative project. The blossoming of a friendship. Conclusions drawn based on hard won experience. Spiritual, material, or emotional rewards for diligent effort. In the light of the Pentacles above, we should definitely do lunch, and I definitely recommend a slow reflective stroll in the fresh air, just to clear your head and shake off the cobwebs at least! Lunch-offer still stands ;-))

Not too bad, for me reading the Lovecraft after all, despite my initial misgivings; it did kind of flow after all, although a Blogger error did occur, and I had to redo the lot. Cross fingers I can save at least, and hopefully publish, this time! ;-))

14 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Claire,

Well, I'm getting in fast this time, aren't I ? Even before you have let me know that you've finished blogging, and even before the blogroll says that you've updated.

First of all, how cool that you chose to use the Lovecraft tarot. I love it ! I can't wait to see what the reading says.

I've also posted a new 'healing relationship' spread layout on my blog if you're interested. I'd love to hear how it works for you.

Love,
Sebi

11:54 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

I didn't choose it: it chose me! Take it as reading, 'we have a real *gothic horror romance* here! lol

12:01 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

OK, so I see that you're posting progressively, as the interpretation of the second card ends mid-sentence. Let me know when you've finished, and I will carry on. So far, though, so good. I know that when there is a problem in a relationship it is important not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Even after doing the reading for myself this morning, there has been a dramatic shift in energy, and things seem to have resolved themself. The video on the TV at the moment reminds me that "it's a wonderful, wonderful life".

And so I wonder how the Fool card, Azathoth, can be interpreted. I am reminded of the Wise Fool in 'King Lear', who protected his Master even when Lear was at his most irrational and deluded. Admirable indeed ! This is a loyalty that I would like to aspire to.

Sebi

12:08 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Aidan says he's not happy about the 'gothic horror romance' aspect of the reading, and that we have enough horrors to deal with in the world already. Lots of laughs !

12:11 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

OK, so to summarise things so far, the basic issue is that even though I am alternating between an apparently bleak phase, it's important for me to keep in mind what I have retained from the situation, and find something that can be salvaged from it, with the awareness that it contains benefits of which I am not yet aware. Although this is a difficult card, as you know, it offers hope.

And so, as the Wise Fool, loyal to his King, I proceed. My goal then, is represented by Tsathoggua, or the Devil. Again, a challenge to interpret. How can the Devil be a goal. I hope that you answer this for me so that I won't have to find the answer myself. Being caged in by an over-abundance of luxury does not sound too bad, although I suspect that the real meaning of the card in this position in relation to my relationship with Aidan is that perhaps I feel that someone is being spiteful or malevolent, or setting a bad example. This obviously relates to both of us.

Reading the interpretation in my new tarot book, "Tarot for Love and Life", by Jane Struthers, I feel like I should reproduce what it saysa about this card. "You could also be so used to thinking 'Poor me !' and basking in other people's sympathy that you do not know how to break out of this attitude and assert yourself. If so, this card is telling you that you need to become more aware of what is going on so that you can do something about it. ( ... ) If you are estranged from someone and unhappy about it, you may be adamant that you will not make the first move because the whole situation is the other person's fault and it is up to them to apologise first. However, the Devil is asking you to examine your own role in what has happened and to break free from your own self-defeating attitudes.

More to follow ....

12:28 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Devil as a goal = your real intentions (possibly hidden from yourself, which seems why you requested a reading in the first place!). See clue in your own next comment: "being caged in by an over-abundance of luxury does not sound too bad", i.e. "unwillingness to leave a fundamentally unhealthy situation", as I summarised it, hence the compulsive/obsessive/addictive aspect. The Devil can seem really, really seductive, which seems why s/he sucks so many in ;-P

>I feel that someone is being spiteful or malevolent, or setting a bad example. This obviously relates to both of us.

It definitely takes "two to tango" in any relationship; what needs weighing up, on balance, seems whether you bring out the best or the worst in each other. I find your honesty refreshing and courageous here, though! ;-))

>If you are estranged from someone and unhappy about it, you may be adamant that you will not make the first move because the whole situation is the other person's fault and it is up to them to apologise first. However, the Devil is asking you to examine your own role in what has happened and to break free from your own self-defeating attitudes.

I feel you have begun to do that, and seem no longer as 'in denial' as previously! ;-))

More to follow after lunch: shall I also "read" your "Tarot story" cards? ;-))

12:58 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

No questions about the meaning of the Eight of Cups in the positon it comes up in. What is more interesting is the card representing the 'passing influence, of something to be released'. Plans for travel play a major part in our relationship, both in terms of Aidan wanting us to go to New Zealand for Christmas, and with the opportunity that we have to go on a cruise for our honeymoon. Oh, and did I tell you that we are wanting to get married in Santorini ?

The picture on the card representing an approaching influence seems pretty trippy ! Should we keep our eyes open for King Kong ? But, reading further, it seems that there's good news about the approaching influence of contentment and satisfaction in my relationship.

I've just started reading the comment you left on my tarot reading on my blog, and am sharing it with my friend Chris here, who I am doing a reading for. Chris was wanting to web cam with you to see the Secret Dakini Oracle cards, but you haven't got the web cam that I wanted to get from Tony's place for you.

Anyway, I just got booted from Yahoo Messenger, so I'll log back in.

Love,
Sebi
XXX

1:19 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

>The picture on the card representing an approaching influence seems pretty trippy ! Should we keep our eyes open for King Kong ? But, reading further, it seems that there's good news about the approaching influence of contentment and satisfaction in my relationship.

I thought more Platonic friendships and relationships, such as me and mythos, as a new blogger! Not all relationships (Cups) => the relationship you ask about, you know! ;-))

2:56 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

And I must admit, this Lovecraft Tarot starts to grow on me more and more (get it off, get it off, lol!)... I especially like the Crawling Chaos as the World in this reading, although that represents a poignant issue of possibly unrealistic and unattainable plans for you ;-P
See how any "beast" can become a "beauty" with enough time and patience? ;-))

3:04 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

And so I continue my comment on your reading, now at 12:30am, and I see that my role or attitude is represented by the Knight of Wands. This card, I feel, indidcates my desire to have the relationship evolve to another level, which I feel we were able to acheive as a result of the reading today ( ie. yesterday, that is ). My tarot book suggests that this card is a very positive one, heralding "high hopes for something very exciting and stimulating, which will lead us in new directions, with the real possibility of travel and adventure'. If the card were to refer simply to me, it could refer to my feeling brimming with interesting ideas and suggestions for new projects, which do not always see the light of day, and which seem far-fetched at the time, but which later on will come to make sense.

Nice to have the Queen of Pentacles as the card representing my environment. And thanks for the invitation to lunch, which I'd love to take advantage of. Today I was planning to come to the art class at the Sacred Heart Mission with you, but it seems that instead I will be going out to my mother's place to see my neice for the day. So the Queen of Pentacles could refer either to you, with your beneficial, wise, influence, or it could refer to my mother, who came to see my family therapist along with Aidan and me the other day.

My hopes and fears as the Seven of Sites ? I assume that refers to the Seven of Pentacles ? Which would mean that we have made a lot of progress, but that we still have a long way to go. Another card promising the possibility of a holiday, this card suggests that I should not rest on my laurels, but should profit from all my hard work, and reap the benefits of all that I have accomplished so far. The seven, as you know, can represent the end of one cycle and the beginning of another, and can also have to do with becoming engrossed in a pastime that will give me a lot of satisfaction.

You may have noticed that my outlook is far more positive than when I began the reading for myself this morning. This is because the energy shifted as a result of that reading, and so I see your reading as providing a glimpse of the promise of the potential of the relationship, with its recognition of the progress that we have made, and its good omen for the future.

The Ultimate Outcome then as the Four of Tomes ? Nice to see that there's a positive outcome after all the 'diligent effort' involved. The promise again of a period of harmony with others in which any long-running conflicts seem to fall away, and petty differences that normally arise will be forgotton now as we rediscover joy and pleasure in each other's company.

My tarot book suggests that one of the most comforting aspects of the Four of Wands is that it promises emotional security and warmth. It suggests that if I have been going through an emotional time, things will become much easier. It also has to do, it seems, with putting down roots that will grow over time and allow me to develop a sense of belonging.

1:00 am  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Thank you so much for this reading, Claire. Your input and insight has been invaluable, and has greatly assisted me at a time when I was feeling quite confused. It seems that these last few days have been particularly transformative for me, with the session I had with my family therapist, and then the changes that I was able to make today. I am very grateful to you. And so I'm off to continue reading the comments you left on my reading in my blog, and then tomorrow I will look at your interpretation of the reading on your blog. Boy, this really is intensive tarot work, isn't it ? Nobody could say that we are not taking full advantage of the tools available at our disposal, don't you think ?

My overall conclusion to this, in terms of your 'relationship' with John, is that you would perhaps benefit from being a little more open-minded and open to new opportunities with him. I feel that it is important to give every fledgling relationship a very nurturing beginning to allow it to reach its full potential. But then perhaps that's another reading, isn't it ? Maybe I should do a reading for you and John using the spread that I posted in my blog yesterday. I'm glad that you liked it.

All the best, and thanks again.
And we definitely will have to do lunch again before Friday. Perhaps we could have lunch at the Prahran Mission on Tuesday ? I have half an hour free in between classes from 1pm to 1:30 if that would suit you, and fit in with your art class. Please let me know, and we'll chat soon, OK ?

Love,
Sebi
XXX

1:08 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Re your second-last comment:

>The Ultimate Outcome then as the Four of Tomes ? Nice to see that there's a positive outcome after all the 'diligent effort' involved. The promise again of a period of harmony with others in which any long-running conflicts seem to fall away, and petty differences that normally arise will be forgotton now as we rediscover joy and pleasure in each other's company.

I think you have misread again. Yes, there seems an ease of tension, but only as you slow down, and preferably take a little reflective "Zen stroll" in the air. I would remind you that it amounts after all only to a minor arcana card, so you should not build too much on it for the long term. Each minor card represents a particular situation, or a "moment in time", so you can identify particular moments as a "(whatever) moment".

>My tarot book suggests that one of the most comforting aspects of the Four of Wands is that it promises emotional security and warmth.

4 of Pentacles, not 4 of Wands!! ;-P

7:44 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Re your last comment:

>Boy, this really is intensive tarot work, isn't it ?

Yes, it did seem that yesterday; I felt really tired after all of it (although I did enjoy all of it at the time), and had to tell John to go away (again!) and just play (literati) which I had had no time to do (!), and even that I could not do for very long (although I kicked a bit of butt again), and even watching TV did not last very long before I went to sleep... Tired, but happy ;-))

>Nobody could say that we are not taking full advantage of the tools available at our disposal, don't you think ?

Um, for sure, though I don't think it all that helpful when you keep referring to other "tomes": I feel they just "muddy" the otherwise clear waters of the reading with any other possible numbers of interpretations! ;-P

>My overall conclusion to this, in terms of your 'relationship' with John, is that you would perhaps benefit from being a little more open-minded and open to new opportunities with him. I feel that it is important to give every fledgling relationship a very nurturing beginning to allow it to reach its full potential.

I have given John way more time than I perhaps should have at the moment, and still not gotten what I wanted (so it still feels like a waste of time to me, and only frustrating, stressful and disappointing on my side). I have given him the benefit of the doubt in allowing him just one Sunday drive (after he gets his car, today), and if nothing happens then, I will have to say "bye-bye, Charlie"! lol

>But then perhaps that's another reading, isn't it ? Maybe I should do a reading for you and John using the spread that I posted in my blog yesterday. I'm glad that you liked it.

Sure, if I can also "read" it on my blog ;-))

>All the best, and thanks again.
And we definitely will have to do lunch again before Friday.

Not possible, unless today! lol

7:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your information on tarot reading I bookmarked your blog and will be back soon. If you want, check out my blog on tarot reading exposed - please come by

9:28 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next