Sunday, September 18, 2005

A new and illustrated Tarot reading for Sebi and Aidan

The Relationship spread provides insight into the interaction between two people or entities. It is the spread of choice for questions about partnerships, in romance or business. The Cat People Tarot, a perfect tool for dreamers and idealists, also came up re me and B.E., see next post!
Click for DetailsThe card at the top left represents how you see yourself. The Devil: who, or what, seems to run your life? A devil of a good question. It seems kind of hard to smoke your last cigarette down to its filter while wearing your theatrical gloves. Who, or what, seems running your life may not represent so much a physical addiction (though most of us have plenty of those, unless we represent the unsufferably "righteous"!), as your compulsive thoughts of self, thoughts that run on autopilot, as mechanically as memorised lines in a script, a stand-up comedian's spiel, the greasepainted persona and daggy hat he presents to the world, equates to your own persona/ego hiding, or revealing your true self? The eyebrows we can paint on can seem so much more attractive than those with which nature provided us. It seems up to you: nature or art? The choice, as always, remains yours. The devil does not always come disguised as an angel of light, but sometimes a shambling, daggy, wise-cracking clown, wise guy rather than wise man, the glowing tip of his cigarette representing his long descent from the son of thunder on high; a fallen angel, after all, remains still an angel, not descended, like the rest of us, from apes!

Click for DetailsThe card at the top right represents how you see your partner. The World: Gaia: Who appears, seemingly in the firing line of the planets lined up for, or against, her, like giant billiard balls in a game of planetary snooker, Jupiter directing the eye of his giant "red spot" upon her, benevolently/malevolently, Saturn and all the rest not far behind. This pristine blue smoky marble of a planet without borders, hung like an icon on the black velvet backdrop of the 3rd millenium iconostasis? Within her crust and mantle, her old sea-beds and molten lava core, Gaia (pron. "Gee-a") seems the oldest divinity of all, wreathed in ancient Mayan smiles, and laughing all the way to god knows where, her final destination in the uncharted waters of space, through which she makes her way as gracefully as any turtle. She won't get there tomorrow, maybe, but get there she will (remember the fable of the hare and the tortoise).
Click for DetailsThe card in the center left represents how you feel about your partner. King of Pentacles: "Grounded shaman", fire of earth, very appropriate for a sidereal Leo/Virgo combo, a royal person as your true self. His grounding cord plunges deep into the crystal core of Gaia herself (see above), grounding and centering him.
His recommended spiritual practice amounts to performing the Qabalistic Middle Pillar ritual on a regular, daily basis, to receive the white light in at the crown of the head, the lavendar at his throat, the yellow at his heart, purple around his loins, and to see the black earth as a small sphere beneath his feet... ADONAI HA ARETZ! LORD OF THE EARTH! (his true mantra). He should take refuge in visualizing pyramid power around him daily, and know that the kundalini fire cannot burn you, if you properly "earth" yourself ;-))
Click for DetailsThe card in the center right represents what stands between you and your partner. Sword Queen: Athena, water of air. Half goddess, with short curly hair and executive glasses, half owl, she stalks the astral in this preferred shape when shifted. She gathers together the 144,000 members of your soul-group as a gathering of the clans, and innumerable spirit-friends and familiars. As her, native Greeks find it especially easy to spot me on the internet! I now wear her reading glasses, as a mature woman suffering from mild presbyopeia. Glasses also suit my daytime persona of a mild-mannered Ms Clark Kent, when it rarely seems necessary to dive into a phone box and emerge as a full-blown Superwoman! By daytime, I can also appear to have a classical statue's cold, unseeing eyes, but by night beware the large orbs of the "Little Night Eagle"! Death to Arachne and any other spider upstarts; long live Queen Athena!
Click for DetailsThe card in the lower left represents how your partner sees you. Ten of Pentacles/disk ten: leprechaun's gold, fool's gold, that pot of money you've saved for a rainy day, and/or your old age: when you really do get old, you can't enjoy it any more, life seems so boring then, and you certainly can't take it with you when you die! So "eat, drink, and be merry", carpe diem, for tomorrow we may die; indeed, the apocalypse might lurk just around the corner! Save it all up till later, and eventually you find yourself with a big, fat zero: no time left to enjoy it, and time seems all we truly have. So look well to the present, enjoy it as much as you can, within your means, of course, for "sufficient unto the day is the evil (and good) thereof". You can find Kether in Malkuth, and Malkuth in Kether: in emptiness you find fullness, and in fullness you find emptiness, such seems the essential nature of samsara, which can also equate to nirvana.
Click for DetailsThe card in the lower right represents what your partner feels about you. King of Swords: fire of air. Sometimes he seems just a silly little white chess piece, my masculine other half, sometimes he makes no sense at all, to the rational mind of consensual reality. He can say the most irrational things with a great and solemn air of rationality. Yet there seems method in his madness, he speaks with a tongue of forked lightning from the Tree of Knowledge. His phallic sword seems a withered vestige of its former stiff and splendidly erect self, his little feet (hardly bigger than mine) pigeon-toed in their scuffed and worn comfy slippers. He does not speak as from the heart, sometimes he does not even look at you; sometimes he seems to speak at, or through, you; cognitive psychology would call this poor communication. And yet he channels in order to reflect, as a mirror, this love of mine who lives like the fool of the greater arcana on the hill, inspiring me to get my life in order for the great departures from this common realm of sense and sensibility/accountability; he seals the matrix of endlessness with the resonant tone of attunement as he lays down the levitical law, also a divine right of kings. The power of his mind continues to guide me, inspiring me to lay down my life like a slave at his feet, in the hopes of one fine and fateful day, when he will turn and pat me on the head, saying, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant; enter into my kingdom."

Click for DetailsThe card in the center represents the present status or challenge of the relationship. Death: the Morrigan. I do not understand this title, although the Celtic death goddesses must have meant something to me once. I do not know what "death" means, although according to my galactic signature, its power guides me! The gold of the chalice represents the light of the sun, and they have adorned this one richly with the snakes of life-force, survival, (re)generation, healing, enlightenment, cosmic consciousness in the bardo where No Thing exists. Have no fear. All that dies seems what the now empty skull contained. The soul, the stuff of psychology, also dies, and the blank darkness reveals nothing of the final mystery. Mysticism indeed, Harpocrates! Only energy continues, if anything. "Awake, awake, you who have drunk from the Lord's hand the cup of his wrath. The chalice of stupor you have drained to the dregs. She has no one to guide her, of all the sons she has borne. Listen then to this, prostrated one, drunk though not with wine. See, I take out of your hand the cup of stupor, the chalice of my wrath; you shall drink it no longer. I will put it into the hands of your tormentors" (Isaiah 51).

"If you aren't staring Death square in the eyes, you aren't doing it right." (from Vius' Tarot journal in webring below)...also reminds me of B.E. saying he had managed to stare directly at the sun, and death! ;-P

9 Comments:

Blogger Tony Longo said...

Dear Claire,

Thank you for the reading ( again ).

First of all, I wonder about the first card, representing how I see myself. In terms of my addictions, there are three that I have to deal with at the moment. Substance addiction ( cigarettes ), blogging, and Aidan. And not necessarily in that order, of course.

The second card, representing how I see Aidan, is appropriate. I see that he has incredible potential, hence the card "The World". It is true that I am seeking his recognition for my hard work, and am also inspired by him to work hard. Since he has been living here with me, I have managed to acheive so much in terms of my blogging and multimedia work.

The King of Pentacles is also appropriate for how I feel about Aidan, as I consider him a dynamic go-getter, and a wonderful loyal friend and marriage partner. He definitely is a 'grounded shaman', as you put it.

The Queen of Swords card seems to describe you, although of course you do not stand between Aidan and me, and I'm not sure that anything does, in fact.

I like the card referring to how Aidan sees me. I would love to offer him "prosperity, riches, security, safety, family, home or dwelling", and am aware that till I have a little more disposable income then I may be "somewhat boring". Whether the relationship lasts, due to 'sheer inertia' or not, remains to be seen.

It is very interesting that you got the King of Swords representing how Aidan feels about me. We have done some tarot readings together and, as I said, the King and Ace of Swords have made several appearances. It seems they are playing a major role in the psychodynamics of our relationship at the moment. But was the comment about 'racing thoughts to the point of mania' from the book / website, or was that your own addition ? lol

It is good that the challenge of the relationship is to clear away the old to make way for the new. Need the other things mentioned in relation to the Death card apply ?

Once again, thanks for the reading, and I look forward to reading what came up in relation to you and Bjorn-Eric

3:09 pm  
Anonymous Sebastian Aristos said...

Claire,

Sorry - that last comment was made by me ( Sebi ), but because I have been editing Tony's website, I have been logged in under his name. Hopefully this hasn't caused too much confusion. I didn't sign the comment at the end like I normally do, either.

Sebi

3:11 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Initially confusing but I soon figured it out ;-))

>The Queen of Swords card seems to describe you, although of course you do not stand between Aidan and me, and I'm not sure that anything does, in fact.

Not "standing between" as in setting you apart, but standing between as in trying to take an objective view? ;-))

>It is very interesting that you got the King of Swords representing how Aidan feels about me. We have done some tarot readings together and, as I said, the King and Ace of Swords have made several appearances. It seems they are playing a major role in the psychodynamics of our relationship at the moment. But was the comment about 'racing thoughts to the point of mania' from the book / website, or was that your own addition ? lol

My own intuition...I don't go entirely by the comments of the website, as you know, only where they help my intuition ;-))

?It is good that the challenge of the relationship is to clear away the old to make way for the new. Need the other things mentioned in relation to the Death card apply ?

Death card always seems a notoriously tricky card to interpret, but there you have it; it could mean any or all of those things! ;-P

> Once again, thanks for the reading, and I look forward to reading what came up in relation to you and Bjorn-Eric

See post below it ;-))

3:21 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Claire

>"But was the comment about 'racing thoughts to the point of mania' from the book / website, or was that your own addition ? lol"

>"My own intuition...I don't go entirely by the comments of the website, as you know, only where they help my intuition ;-))"

I thought so !

Sebi

3:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,
Well, what can I say!! I think that I have become the 'foe' in Sebi's life at the moment and as I don't wish him any harm I will now withdraw completely from his life. He interprets my comments as not being constructive and sees my well wishing as having meanings other than friendship. Therefore, I can only respect his position at this time in his life. Claire, if you wish to phone me at any time my home number is 9386 1330. Tony phoned me on Friday and we had a long and very interesting conversation - I wonder when he (like you and I) will be marked as not understanding where Sebi is in his life at the moment. Hope to hear from you soon.
Christopher

4:17 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

I had a good chat with Tony myself, via Messenger, Chris! I thought I was in the poo Saturday, but Sebi behaved with great decorum at our art class,and let me get on with my art work, so all seemed well... ;-))

6:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got word that I need to improve my attitude - from the master himself. Doesn't like truth - oh well, life goes on. Stay in touch
Christopher

8:34 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Claire,

What a fucking brilliant piece of writing ! What a roll you are on at the moment. What's happening with you astrologically ? Wow ! ( This comment comes after me having read only the explanation of the first card, "The Devil" ).

As for Gaia's journey, she's there already, isn't she ? Isn't she now in the unchartered waters of space, and will ever continue to be ? The benefit of the moral of the fable you mention, however, is evident.

Wow ! Claire @ the interpretation, guidance and direction re; the King of Pentacles card. I'm quickly off to read the next one. ADONAI HA ARETZ!

OK, "Athena's Soliloquy" is worthy of a Pulitzer Prize, with that subtle slide of narrative voice as you begin channeling. How cool !

Were you channeling Donald Trump in the first bit and the Dalai Lama in the second bit of the Ten of Pentacles card ? Brilliant again, Claire, brilliant.

Claire, the King of Swords one is amazing too. Oh My God ! What passion. It's great, but quite provocative, in that it sure packs a punch.

OK, now I had a very interesting reaction to the Morrigan card, which I should tell you about, especially perhaps after saying what a wonderful forum for emotional releases these comments sections are. I imagined Mum calling the bong, "A Chalice of Stupor", but aren't sure about the 'wrath' bit. What was all the wrath about anyway ? And why are there tormenters ? Isn't the Death card about sluicing through the veil of illusion ?

And in relation to your epigrammatical ending, may I add my own comment ? "If you aren't charging $5:95 per minute, then you aren't doing it right" (from Sebi Aristos' cybernovel "Being Sebastian Aristos @ http://sebi-aristos.blogspot.com )

Doin' really well with the comments. You go, white witch !

1:27 am  
Blogger Zuki said...

I appreciate your information on tarot reading. I just bookmarked your site and will be back regulalry to keep on top of it. Please check out my blog on tarot reading exposed - I'd really appreciate it

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next