Wednesday, September 28, 2005

4 of Pentacles


disk 4: "slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last / kicking down the cobblestones / looking for fun, and feeling groovy" (Simon and Garfunkel). Slow down, you've a long way to go...why hurry past the scenery? "Just me and my shadow", moochin' along, in the mooch of life. "The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path I walk in peace; with every step a gentle breeze blows, with every step a flower grows" (Thich Nhat Hanh). Boredom equates to a reflexive verb; you can only do it to yourself?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Claire,

An interesting and very musical interpretation, and also a very personal one. Are you moving along at the right pace ?

Love,
Sebi

12:31 pm  
Anonymous mythos said...

I remember a French woman telling me about the reflexive verb-nessness (she says creating language on the spot) of the word 'boring'. Rather than ... I am bored, one, actually, can only say, for example: "I am boring! You are boring, s/he is boring, we are boring" ... Am I being boring yet?

I've only recently begun connecting music with the cards ... your choice is very insightful. You are definitely NOT boring, hehehehe!

9:49 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

lol! You can also find a fun bit for connecting music with the cards in the Aeclectic Tarot forum, under "Tarot games and fun": some songs have such striking associations with the cards (for me) that I actually incorporated them into my Tarot, some movies, too! Mind you, knocking about with my music triv genius friend Craig, and playing "musical Scrabble", where you have to think of a song for every word you put down (challenge!), helps ;-))

7:22 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

I think in the William Blake Tarot, one of the hardest to work out the traditional Tarot correspondences, but still beautiful, the suit of "Music" equates to Cups? ;-))

7:25 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next