Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Red Electric Skywalker

Another dream: I woke up someone I liked, and wanted to put my arms around him, but he just pushed me off, and said, "The pact's over", then he wanted to watch an M-movie I didn't want to watch, in my bedroom. I felt furious.
Not exactly a lucid dream, but a very lucid response: using active imagination, I put myself back into the dream while just awake, to rewrite the ending I did not particularly like, and replied, "Pact? We never made a pact, which would amount to a written agreement signed, sealed and delivered by both parties, and therefore legally binding. An unwritten agreement does not seem worth the paper you did not write it on. We agreed to have sex, and therefore consider yourself lucky I will not file any rape charges. Since we have no pact, you will not watch a movie I do not want in my room. You can go and watch it in the lounge room for now, and by tonight you will find another place to sleep."
I feel a lot happier, and stronger, since that new ending! Not exactly the ending everyone would wish, but better than someone 'using' you, which ultimately leads to their abusing you. The Eurhythmics got it wrong: in relationships, 'use' and abuse do not amount to two separate categories, but the same, and practised by the same people ;-))

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claire
Just a quick word to again congratulate you on your blogsite. I don't know if you got my respose to yesterday as I couldn't see any reference to it on your blog. Again, would like to discuss a little more with you the Carmelite spirit and my own Franciscan spirit - I'm sure there are some similarities. Take care and a heaps of blessings on you.
Christopher (friend of Sebi)

4:25 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

I also felt similarities, Chris, but believe me, my Carmelite phase seems now well and truly a thing of the past...do you still practise as a Catholic? If you like, let me know when I will see you next, and I will make you a present of John Michael Talbot (lay Franciscan) singing John of the Cross (Carmelite), in true Andalusian style, with acoustic guitar! They make great music together, but I have little use for it any more ;-))

6:24 pm  
Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Wow ! What an amazing dream, Claire ! It seems that you have had a dream which represents what I have been feeling over the past week. My astrology reading from my 3 videophone said that I should beware of people around me becoming demanding and manipulative, and I've been through three situations like that in the last week. As I said on another post, it seems as though Mercury has gone retrograde again. Why are friendships suddenly being challenged and redifined ? My astrological reading suggested I need to be patient and take some time to recover my personal space. What do we do when we are in a relationship with someone and they want something that we don't ?

8:37 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

Don't blame it all on Mercury...you leave Mercury out of this, ok? (Poor little Mercury...gets blamed for everything!) lol
Who wants what that somebody doesn't? ;-))

8:46 pm  
Blogger asgif666 said...

"To sleep perchance to dream"...ay, and even to wake, and find oneself still in a dream? lol

8:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next