Monday, May 02, 2005

Chocolate vs. Freyja (Idun) dream


I feel confused: this pic came up when googling Freyja, as she appeared pictorially in my dream, but (on the website) next to a caption describing Hel/Hella, goddess of Helheim (hell)? Maybe Freyja and Hel, with whom I have previously identified in a poem in Norway, and Freyja via her amber earrings and the mythology attached to them, represent aspects of each other, as Athena and Medusa also represent aspects of each other? However, according to my not-always-trusty encyclopaedia of mythology, this pic indeed depicts Freyja, as later also identified with Idun, goddess of spring, who guarded the magic apples, and that association sounds very familiar to me from my dream, as it seems the apples of youth also have some importance... Maybe no god exists who can help Collingwood this Ragnarok footy season, not even Odin (despite resonance with Woewodin) but a goddess...? Maybe they need to munch on Idun's apples of youth? I feel sure I do...
So the upshot of this dream (see post below) seems to lead in the direction of not seeking immediate, and unattainable, gratification, so much as seeking a more worthwhile magickal prize/treat/gift: maybe these apples have something to do with the apple I offered to the spirits on Samhain? An apple a day keeps the doctor away, and brings the goddess nearer, with her rejuvenating powers? Gotta get some more apples ;-)) Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Don't be distracted by the apples, Claire ! Focus on the chocolate !

10:18 am  
Blogger asgif666 said...

I would have said the opposite! lol

6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next