Sunday, April 17, 2005

My little pretties! ;-))


fruit bats Posted by Hello
As you can see from this photo, bats form extremely sociable and tight-knit communities, and also model for us the type of prosocial, helping behavior known as "reciprocal altruism", i.e. "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" - at least the blood-sucking ones do, taking it in turns to "shout" each drinks. Not too sure if that also applies to fruit bats or not, but I could not resist the pic! I have put in both these pics in honour of MBat (see email) ;-))

2 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

Yikes !

Good to hear that bats have mastered reciprocal altruism.

4:32 pm  
Blogger Craig at home said...

Bats... Uh... But i can definitely see the resemblance to my mother in law!

9:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next