Monday, April 04, 2005

Blue Self-Existing Monkey

I find it rare to have trouble getting to sleep at night, but last night I couldn't, even though my eyes kept closing over Iris Murdoch's "Nuns and Soldiers": when I turned the light out, my brain kept racing, and seemed to be still quietly blogging to itself; I wanted to continue reading The Custodians (beautiful book, btw!), but somehow the Iris Murdoch characters, although not Australian, seem to hold up a multifaceted mirror to my soul, from the Count, who prefers to suffer in unrequited love than have his love requited, through Gertrude, who wants to go on mourning Guy, even though he told her on his deathbed that he wanted her happy, and Anne, the ex-nun and would-be anchoress with or without God, to Tim and Daisy, artistic ne'er-do-wells, soldiering on... Maybe they represent my metaselves? Anyhow, lying awake, not reading, Iris Murdoch seemed like an invisible psychotherapist or confessor figure, to whom I was mentally blogging it all... Talk about the loneliness of the long-distance metablogger, cracking up? lol
Going to check if Craig has a blog at cfhathome.blogspot.com; I could not upload his pic, because it has no internet address or jpg format! ;-P

1 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Aristos said...

First of all, I love the word 'metaselves'. Am also a big fan of Iris Murdoch. Anyway, it sounds like there's a struggle going on between one of your metaselves who wants to sleep, and another who wants to keep reading, and then a third who wants to be blogging. Yikes, yikes, and triple yikes !

I'm also looking forward to Craig joining our little blogging circle.

11:40 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Hermgirl's Tarot Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next